Thursday 8 May 2014

Brief

My name Ahmed Mohamed and I am currently in my second year of studying  year of studying A level Media Studies and as part of my coursework  this year was to create an independent slasher horror trailer , this included research about slasher codes and conventions , planning of the production , constructions of the media products and 4 evaluation which explains the choices , steps , difficulties that were found.

We firstly needed to research which was an important part because i needed to have a detailed understanding  of the horror slasher genre and integrate those tot the trailer , magazine and magazine cover in which i needed to include a structure of understanding of the codes and conventions in order to have a successful media product.

We collected data of quantitative and qualitative through the use of questionpro .com which allowed me to distribute my survey to my audience and cater their needs and wants. The use of social network like facebook and twitter helped me reach my target audience. It also involved finding out about detailed knowledge on existing pieces of media like posters, trailer, and magazine.

We then needed to decide on the synopsis of our slasher film which would fit the common codes and convention slasher genres, also challenge them; we needed to plan out the synopsis so we didn’t miss out on any theories like the genre and narrative theory. After completing the synopsis we created storyboard for the trailer , the storyboard allows you to plan out how a trailer will turn out , We had decided about the camera angles/camera shots , sounds , editing and mise en scene , and furthermore how the narrative will fit in the trailer and how it display the sense of genre. We decided to animate the storyboard to help us visually see a moving image of our trailer, it helped us point out any improvements we could do.
After completing the storyboard, we decided to market research what my target audience enjoy about horror films. I needed to gather both quantitative and qualitative data in order to find and recognise my audience wants and needs. I used an online questionnaire known as QuestionPro which allowed me to survey my target audience about their likes in horror slasher films. This was quick and effectively done; i was able to distribute the questionnaire social networking sites such as twitter and Facebook by sharing the link to the questions. This was particularly effective as i was able to collect vast amount of data and fast responses.

Before we started filming, we decided to create a shooting script and call sheet in order to maintain a structure and keep everything organized, this was effective as we knew what we were filming on what days. We then needed to find what actors would take part in our trailer. I took Recce shots of location  to ensure that it would fit within the slasher genre. All the filming recordings we done was saved in a external hard drive which allowed us to store lots of filming, and was portable , meaning we could edit anywhere. Serif Movie Plus is a editing software , which was used in the construction of trailer

Unlike Hollywood blockbuster films, we can’t afford industry level equipment and software due us being a independent film production we had restricted on the use of budget. Therefore our independent film production has been limited however being a slasher a sub genre of horror this aloud me create a successful trailer, magazine and poster a covers as slasher film  conventionally use low budget and still do well with their demographic, furthermore they do not demand


I done 4 evaluation questions based on our project,  which evaluated all the stages Research, planning and construction of  my ancillary tasks. I was able to answer these question effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.